Saturday, 24 October 2009

from the store cupboard


I had a tin of carrots living in my cupboard. I'm not sure why I bought them because I'm not usually into buying tinned vegetables. The other night I decided to add them to our dinner menu of pasta (late night dinner after a long day at work). I took down the tin of carrots waiting for some inspiration on how to eat them.....

What transpired was a rather delicious asian flavoured dish of healthy vitamins. Here I kept it rather simple but I do think a dash of freshly grated ginger could work very well.


Asian Carrot Salad

1 x 400g tin of baby carrots
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Dressing
1 tablespoon olive oil
several splashes sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
dash of oyster sauce
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
fresh ginger

Mix the dressing ingredients together and test for seasoning. Adjust if necessary. Pour the dressing over the carrots and then sprinkle the final dish with a tablespoon of sesame seeds.
Eat with or without chopsticks - you choose.

No comments: